Do You Know ET?
41 million people worldwide are diagnosed with essential tremor
See it & Know it
Join the cause!
Help us spread awareness all year around
Learn about essential tremor and spread the word.
Some Facts to Know
- Approximately 7 million people in the USA have ET.
- ET is 8 times more common than Parkinson’s disease.
- The tremor begins mild and progresses over time.
- The tremor can be severe enough to interfere significantly with daily activities, such as eating, dressing, writing, etc.
- Essential tremor is associated with movement while doing actions.
- Tremors may improve slightly after drinking alcohol. But, once the effects of alcohol wear off, tremors tend to worsen.
- About half of the cases of Essential Tremor appear to result from a genetic mutation, but a specific gene has not been identified.
- Tremors may increase with caffeine and other stimulants.
- Essential tremor is different from Parkinson’s disease. The main symptom of essential tremor is an action tremor, while Parkinson’s disease has other associated symptoms including tremor at rest.
Act and Make a Difference
All you need to do is:
- Take a picture of yourself or a group photo holding up a sign with the hashtag #DoYouKnowET
- Share your picture on your social network and don’t forget to add the hashtag #DoYouKnowET
- Share this website with your network or ask them to visit DoYouKnowET.com and join the cause